All informations or advices you can find at this blog are based on my own experience.
I recommend them because I'm sure they will help you save and make some money.

Saturday 10 September 2011

renting a house / apartment

          If you live in a rented accommodation and pay your rent weekly, I have a bad news for you: you overpay! Pay your rent monthly!

          Two years ago I was renting a hause through the agency (first and the last time - they were completely useless). I was told that rent is 700 monthly, but landlord prefers to collect it weekly and I was asked to pay €175 per week. I left this house asap. Why?

€700 monthly equals €8 400 per year (€700 * 12 months of calendar year).
€175 weekly equals €9 100 per year (€175 * 52 weeks of calendar year).

          The difference between these two is €700, which means that landlord was hoping to get extra monthly rent from my wallet. I suggested fair rent of €161,5 weekly based on monthly rent (€8 400 / 52), but he didn't want to even heard about it (same as agency), so I moved out.

As you can see on my example: don't pay weekly rent, unless it's fairly calculated!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this article. It's really helped me a lot. You're a great writer.
    Small Investment Plan

    ReplyDelete