All informations or advices you can find at this blog are based on my own experience.
I recommend them because I'm sure they will help you save and make some money.

Thursday 15 September 2011

energy saving lighting

          Does it really work or is it a marketing gimmick? I checked that with my OWL Micro energy meter and 11W GE bulb (590 lumen, 10 000h, €7). I replaced an ordinary 40W bulb with the energy saving one, with similar brightness. It really works.

          When the 40W bulb consumes 0,08kW (1,49c per hour), the 11W GE bulb consumes only 0,01kW (0,25c per hour). According to that, on each use hour I save 1,5c. So after 466 use hours I get back my €7, I paid for bulb and I still have about 9534 use hour left (for saving on one bulb). Calculations based on OWL Micro.

My next step is replacing all bulbs at home and I suggest to you do the same;)

No comments:

Post a Comment